What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Share, in the official FaceBook app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I stumbled on how to share in the FaceBook app. There were some complaints about this feature being missing. Since I can't remember what thread they were in or whether it got answered, I thought I'd just post my observations here.

First, I don't claim this is as convenient or versatile as it should be, so don't blame the messenger. ;)

When you are looking at something you want to share, go ahead and follow the link, whether it's youtube, a website, or whatever. At the top right of the embedded web browser is the usual action/share icon (a box with an arrow coming out of it). Tap this and you'll see a share option. Add your comments and tap the Post button. There are some privacy controls at the bottom for fine control of who sees it.

This only works for websites. You can't share a comment from one of your friends, or their pictures, etc. You'll get a whole different set of options if you try, like Send a Message, Poke, and the dangerously red Unfriend.:p

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. There've been at least two threads on the subject since I posted this, and so far it seems to work for people.

The alternative is to use Safari to go to the main site. Most features work that way, excluding the ability to upload stuff.

Most reactions

Latest posts