What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set the monitor so it rotates?

dandy2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must be a setting somewhere which limits the monitor from changing when you turn the iPad " sideways" or any other way. Somehow I unintentionally changed and froze mine. I want rotating back.

Mswolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must be a setting somewhere which limits the monitor from changing when you turn the iPad " sideways" or any other way. Somehow I unintentionally changed and froze mine. I want rotating back.

Have you checked the switch on the side over volume?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a tiny slider switch next to the volume rocker.

My vol is reduced to about half on the slider. Below it are 5 buttons. I did not see anything suggesting monitor position.

Please advise,
Dan

It's a physical switch on the iPad side near the physical volume switch. One position locks the auto-rotate and the opposite position frees it.

OP
D

dandy2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Monitor

There's a tiny slider switch next to the volume rocker.

My vol is reduced to about half on the slider. Below it are 5 buttons. I did not see anything suggesting monitor position.

Please advise,
Dan

It's a physical switch on the iPad side near the physical volume switch. One position locks the auto-rotate and the opposite position frees it.

It is exactly where you said it would be!
Thank you kindly,
Dan

Mattman928

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must be missing something. The slider above the volume burros is the mute toggle. I don't seem to have anything for the rotation. Please advise

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen orientation lock for OS 4.2

I must be missing something. The slider above the volume burros is the mute toggle. I don't seem to have anything for the rotation. Please advise

Double tap your home button (the circular button with the square on it).

You should see your multitasking tray.

Slide the tray to the right.

Tap the square icon with the circular arrow, positioned all the way to the left.

The padlock that was pictured on the icon should now disappear. Your screen's orientation is now unlocked. Tap anywhere above multitasking tray to hide tray.

Repeat above steps, and tap orientation lock to re-lock screen's orientation is horizontal or vertical position.

Mattman928

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That worked! Thanks so much

Double tap your home button (the circular button with the square on it).

You should see your multitasking tray.

Slide the tray to the right.

Tap the square icon with the circular arrow, positioned all the way to the left.

The padlock that was pictured on the icon should now disappear. Your screen's orientation is now unlocked. Tap anywhere above multitasking tray to hide tray.

Repeat above steps, and tap orientation lock to re-lock screen's orientation is horizontal or vertical position.[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

Latest posts