What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to save music from Dropbox?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have some Mp3 files in Dropbox. When I click them they start playing but unlike documents or photos it does not give any option to save it using an app like iPod.

Can I save music without iTunes?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot load them into iTunes or rather the iPod App, don't think of it as iTunes but a software ipod and you'll understand.

You can use Apps like GoodReader and others to download and play from inside those Apps. I'm sorry I can not suggest any 3rd party music players that you could use in place of the iPod app.

OP
M

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am trying to save them on iPad so that I can listen to them without internet connection.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
though you cannot transfer the mp3 file from dropbox to the ipod app on ipad. you can listen to the songs without wifi by adding them to your "favorites" on dropbox. on dropbox open the mp3 files that you want then hit the star icon above. it will then be added to your favorites. accessible even without internet connection.

OP
M

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, that is a great info - didn't know that marking a file as favourite in Dropbox will make them available offline :)

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By default dropbox allocates 200mb local storage, but you can adjust this up to 1 gb of local storage.

jjmorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Typical Apple...

Favourites being available offline is indeed a good tip....

....although the fact that you cant simply import it into your music collection like even the most basic android phone/tablet can is baffling.

Typical of Apple to make a superior product, only to cripple its usability with their control freakery!!

If they dont wise up Apple product will only end up in the hands of poseurs and the computer illiterate, while the rest of us who want our gadget to actually do something useful will buy elsewhere - WTF!

Regards

A frustrated almost ex-Apple addict

Shadbloss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing my CDs?

I'm a new owner. Can I play my CD' on my ipad or only music purchased from the apple store. If so, how do I go about doing it?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts