What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Restore To New iPad With Lower IOS Ver?

Ultrafire88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I tried to google for an answer to my prob but didn't manage to find one so I hope I will be able to get some advice by posting here.

Background:-

I previously owned a JB'ed iPad1 IOS 4.3.1. A few days ago, because of a usb connectivity prob, I sent it in under the wrty. Today I was given a replacement iPad1. The prob is, for some reason, it came with the out-dated IOS 3.2 which must have been pre-activated by the service centre.

My Issue:-

Will I be able to restore from my backup such that my new iPad will be a mirror image (with exceptions for the JB) of my old iPad with IOS 4.3.1? I understand that any JB apps will disappear and am ok with that

Or will I be forced to update the IOS to 4.3.2 (whch is not desirable since there is no JB for this ver yet)?

Or should I update the IOS on my new iPad to 4.3.1 first (I have the IPSW) and then do the restoration from the backup?

Hope to get some advice from anyone. Many thanks in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I tried to google for an answer to my prob but didn't manage to find one so I hope I will be able to get some advice by posting here.

Background:-

I previously owned a JB'ed iPad1 IOS 4.3.1. A few days ago, because of a usb connectivity prob, I sent it in under the wrty. Today I was given a replacement iPad1. The prob is, for some reason, it came with the out-dated IOS 3.2 which must have been pre-activated by the service centre.

My Issue:-

Will I be able to restore from my backup such that my new iPad will be a mirror image (with exceptions for the JB) of my old iPad with IOS 4.3.1? I understand that any JB apps will disappear and am ok with that

Or will I be forced to update the IOS to 4.3.2 (whch is not desirable since there is no JB for this ver yet)?

Or should I update the IOS on my new iPad to 4.3.1 first (I have the IPSW) and then do the restoration from the backup?

Hope to get some advice from anyone. Many thanks in advance.

I have bumped this post so that Leigh, our iPad Hacking moderator will see it. He will, I know, be able to answer it.

Tim

Most reactions