What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to restart I books on Ipad

Mollie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me how to restart a book that I am half way finished? I tried going on line but couldn't find this topic. Thanks.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, I think I can help.
Tap in the middle of the screen (so you don't just turn the page), then look at the top left corner. There should be an icon that looks like a very small table of contents. Press that, and you will return to the table of contents for your book.

Good luck and have fun!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or, after tapping in the middle of the screen, drag the progress bar at the bottom all the way to the left.

Thanks for this. ;)

Given that 75% of my iPad use is via iBooks I am truly (seriously, no sarcasm) stumped that I never realized that the status bar was an active tool. I thought it was just a passive display. :eek:

.......Yeah.......Well...... What can I say? I thought marshmallows grew on trees until I was 13 years old, so, there ya'go. LOL :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or, after tapping in the middle of the screen, drag the progress bar at the bottom all the way to the left.

Thanks for this. ;)

Given that 75% of my iPad use is via iBooks I am truly (seriously, no sarcasm) stumped that I never realized that the status bar was an active tool. I thought it was just a passive display. :eek:

.......Yeah.......Well...... What can I say? I thought marshmallows grew on trees until I was 13 years old, so, there ya'go. LOL :D

They don't !? Ok, that explains why I can't get the get the mini marshmallows to germinate. I'll just have to plant that part of the orchard with gumdrops instead. Or maybe malt balls, except I'm not sure they won't melt before harvest.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks for this. ;)

They don't !? Ok, that explains why I can't get the get the mini marshmallows to germinate. I'll just have to plant that part of the orchard with gumdrops instead. Or maybe malt balls, except I'm not sure they won't melt before harvest.

Lol. Marshmallow trees and malt ball bushes would be heaven. Makes me think of the candy room in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."

Is your book losing its place after you close it? It shouldn't, but maybe try bookmarking if some books are doing that.

genep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I transfer a book from kindle to IPad
Genep

OP
M

Mollie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sure, i think i can help.
Tap in the middle of the screen (so you don't just turn the page), then look at the top left corner. There should be an icon that looks like a very small table of contents. Press that, and you will return to the table of contents for your book.

Good luck and have fun!

thanks so much for helping

Most reactions

Latest posts