What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove SIM?

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully removed the SIM-slot on the iPad 3G?

I have been trying to insert the SIM from the first generation iPad, but I am dumbfounded as to how to eject the SIM-tray on the iPad 2. The hole is at the edge, so I can push it in multiple directions and am not sure in which one to push. I am somewhat scared to push too hard towards the screen and somehow break it.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is quite a fiddly procedure, but you use the small tool that looks a bit like a paperclip and push it quite firmly in the small hole. Don't worry, you won't break anything. The tray pops out a little way and you should be able to ease it out with your fingernail.

Don't do what I did the first time I ejected the tray from my iPad 1 - it looked like a cheap piece of plastic; I assumed it was a blank and there would be a proper one included with the SIM card, so I tossed it in the trash, lol. I had to spend an hour frantically searching for it when I realised my stupid mistake
crackup.gif

integrateis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To insert sim card on ipad 2 simply do this:

1. Place your iPad 2 face down and located the SIM tray on the top right hand corner.
2. Grab hold of the SIM eject tool and carefully push the SIM eject tool into the small round hole until you see the SIM tray is ejected.
3. You can then pull out the SIM tray completely and put the SIM card on it.
4. Once you have got the SIM card on the tray, you can then pop the tray back into the iPad 2.

Source: iPad 2: How To Insert SIM Card

Most reactions

Latest posts