What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to open the ipad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. This is a pretty special situation. Im a backpacker, and i met this girl on Bali, and we travelled together to Sydney. But after a couple of days in Sydney she just disapeared while I was sleeping in the hostel-dorm, and she grabbed like 100 dollars from my pocket :) VERY FRIENDLY.

But she was so stupid, cuz i got her ipad storaged in my backpack, because i had a padlock to lock in my valuables.

SO. She just disapeared with my money. I dont know where this ***** is (happend for 8 days ago), so this iPad should be mine now. But of course, she has a passcode on it. I tried to restore it trough Itunes. And the thing were downloading for ca 20 minutes, and then suddenly the ipad asked me for the password again. I dont know it!??

But, i could ignore it, so the downloader could continue for another 20 minutes, when the whole download breaks down cuz of the bad internetconnection? Happend both the times i tried. Stops at around 9-10 %.

What can I do?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. This is a pretty special situation. Im a backpacker, and i met this girl on Bali, and we travelled together to Sydney. But after a couple of days in Sydney she just disapeared while I was sleeping in the hostel-dorm, and she grabbed like 100 dollars from my pocket :) VERY FRIENDLY.

But she was so stupid, cuz i got her ipad storaged in my backpack, because i had a padlock to lock in my valuables.

SO. She just disapeared with my money. I dont know where this ***** is (happend for 8 days ago), so this iPad should be mine now. But of course, she has a passcode on it. I tried to restore it trough Itunes. And the thing were downloading for ca 20 minutes, and then suddenly the ipad asked me for the password again. I dont know it!??

But, i could ignore it, so the downloader could continue for another 20 minutes, when the whole download breaks down cuz of the bad internetconnection? Happend both the times i tried. Stops at around 9-10 %.

What can I do?

I'm afraid you are not going to be able to blame the problem on a bad internet connection. It will continue to stop downloading because of the inbuilt system security that was designed to stop the iPad in its tracks in the event that it was stolen. You obviously know that it is only with her log-in details that you will be able to use it now. What's happened to you, while perhaps providing some valuable lessons learned, is a PITA but the only thing open to you now with that iPad is to use it as a very good looking expensive beer coaster. Sorry!
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions