What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to open email directly to inbox instead of last read message?

tamaneko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I check my email it opens to the last email message I read. Is it possible to set it up so that it will directly open to show the inbox instead?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to change this behavior. The Mail app will open to the last e-mail you were at or, if you have no e-mails, it will open to the first one received.

Sorry.

Marilyn

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if I am reading this correctly... When I open my email it goes to the last email , but there is also an inbox option that I can select for all mail.

This checks all the incoming mail, and displays it...

Leon

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if I am reading this correctly... When I open my email it goes to the last email , but there is also an inbox option that I can select for all mail.

Leon

Yeah, that's what you have to do - manually select to open the Inbox.

My understanding of the OP's question was that he wanted, by default, to see the Inbox when he first opens the Mail app versus having to take the step you described to go to it. That default is not possible...you have to go there yourself once in the Mail app.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I select "all inboxes" before I close mail it opens them when I reopen my mail...and stays on that setting unless I change it..

Hope that makes sense

Leon

eKindom

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Leon
that is what i do

Most reactions

Latest posts