What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to not sync books...

Bigbang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and still keep the existing books on iPad?

After one time syncing the books I got all the books I wanted and don't want to re-sync every time - (all resync does is to re-copy all the books again to iPad, waste of time) but still keep the books ?

Thanks,

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are talking about iBooks, it does not "re-copy" the books every time you sync, it only looks for changes in your library. If you bought a book on your iPad, it will copy it to your iTunes.

OP
B

Bigbang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I have only 2 ibooks i bought but 100 of epub books that I converted using Calibre and added to the itune book library, and every sync the damn thing keeps copying those hundred books onto the iPad (the itune status shows copying books, title, size etc...for every book being copied). Unselect the book sync deleted all my books and used the "selected" books only is not what I want. Besides these options I couldnt find any other settings that allow modifying the sync behavior. I would love to be able to selectively chose to backup and to sync each section, for example just sync the app, or only the books etc... Thanks for all pointers, replies.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's good to know. Honestly, iBooks is my least used reader and I only have a couple of books on there and all have been purchased through iBooks. It is definitely playing catch-up to the other readers. As far as "generic" ePub stuff (like from Guttenberg), I use Stanza.

Most reactions

Latest posts