What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to keep your cover clean?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What make/model cover do you have? I have the Apple one and it wipes clean with no problems at all.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple cover/case is a perfect example of the 'saying' that "white dust sticks to black clothes and black dust sticks to white clothes". It's got a black faux suede finish, soft but it picks up dust very easily. However, as I mentioned, it wipes clean with a slightly damp cloth.

The edge of the cover is a slightly annoying 'seam' but one that Forum members have found acts as a (unintentional?) protection against drops. It's not as good looking as the new iPad2 Smart Cover but it's a tight fit and doesn't add much to the size or weight.

The downside is that, if you use the Apple Keyboard Dock for the iPad, you have to remove the iPad from this cover before you can insert it into the dock and, being such a tight fit, that's awkward and time consuming.

Hope you're enjoying your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without trying to sound snarky, invest in a quality case. I use a customized Moleskine-style case from Treegloo, and the vinyl surface does not attract or retain dust at all, and easy to maintain.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Apple cover/case is a perfect example of the 'saying' that "white dust sticks to black clothes and black dust sticks to white clothes". It's got a black faux suede finish, soft but it picks up dust very easily. However, as I mentioned, it wipes clean with a slightly damp cloth.

The edge of the cover is a slightly annoying 'seam' but one that Forum members have found acts as a (unintentional?) protection against drops. It's not as good looking as the new iPad2 Smart Cover but it's a tight fit and doesn't add much to the size or weight.

The downside is that, if you use the Apple Keyboard Dock for the iPad, you have to remove the iPad from this cover before you can insert it into the dock and, being such a tight fit, that's awkward and time consuming.

Tim
Scotland

Has yours got imprints of the case fastener on the front of the case from where the iPad has been stood up, mine has! impossible to remove but it has faded.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
Scotland

Has yours got imprints of the case fastener on the front of the case from where the iPad has been stood up, mine has! impossible to remove but it has faded.

Yes - same here - I don't think there's anything that you can do about it! I reconcile myself by thinking that I could replace the case for $30 or so, but a new iPad......

Tim
Scotland

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a leather smart cover for my "2" (which I've put aside because my new Logitech/Zaggmate showed up). I'm old school. When Hartmann luggage was all the rage for roadwarriers, the more beat up your shoulder hanging suit bag was, the better. I didn't go out of my way to stain the smart cover, but it didn't bother me a bit when some coffee or jelly got on it

Most reactions

Latest posts