What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Jailbreak iOS 8.x Using TaiG

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TaiG is the newest jailbreak tool released - it will jailbreak iOS 8.0 through 8.1.1 (and supposedly, it jailbreaks the beta iOS 8.2, though it's been turned off for now...).

EDIT: This tool will also jailbreak iOS 8.1.2. Just follow the same steps below.

This tool works on all iPads capable of running iOS 8, so only the original iPad cannot use this tool.

Although this is one of the most easiest jailbreak tools to use, there are a few things you need to do to prepare for the jailbreak tool to run. Thus, this tutorial. :)

Here are the steps:

(1) Download the TaiG jailbreak tool from this site: https://mega.co.nz/#!Rt4ERYpQ!s7Ee-5UaK4UMFfRfOhgAYJZppfnnVJIdhN3L-_H_RSo

NOTE: The current version of the TaiG tool is v1.1 (as of December 5, 2014).

(2) Ensure your iPad is on iOS 8.1.1. Please note that if your iPad was updated to iOS 8.1.1 via Apple's over-the-air (OTA) method (as in, you didn't use iTunes to install the software), you will need to restore a "fresh" verision of iOS 8.1.1 onto the iPad using iTunes.

(3) Backup your iPad and then eject it from iTunes. However, leave the iPad connected to the computer

(4) Turn off "Find My iPad," your passcode/Touch ID and put the iPad into Airplane mode. I also recommend setting your device's Auto-Lock to Never.

(5) Open/run the TaiG jailbreak tool. When the tool opens, you will see two boxes are already checked: the one for Cydia and another for 3K Assistant. Uncheck the box for 3K Assistant.

The tool will recognize your iPad and you can then press the green button. The TaiG tool will do it's magic and, once it's done rebooting, you will be jailbroken (!). And yes, this is one of the quickest jailbreaking tools I have ever used.

(6) Once your iPad has rebooted (the jailbreak is done), you should see the Cydia icon. Press it to open Cydia (note that you may have to take your iPad out of Airplane mode). Cydia will tell you it's preparing the file system; this will take a bit. Then, the iPad will reboot again.

(7) Go back to Cydia and press on the "Changes" tab. If you do not see a long list of tweaks and such, press the Refresh button in the upper left of the tab to force Cydia to refresh.

And, that's it. You are now jailbroken! Congratulations and happy jailbreaking.

Last edited:

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dang, Marilyn sounds easy. I am still on 7.0.06 jail broken . Should I do this?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you're definitely asking the wrong person! :)

I've jailbroken my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air with TaiG and I've had zero issues. It really was an easy process. As I said, this was the fastest and easiest jailbreak I've ever done.

I know people are "hating" on iOS 8.x - but I've not had anything but good results from it.

So, given that iOS 8.1.2 is out (which is NOT jailbreakable at this time), if you are going to go to iOS 8.1.1 and jailbreak - it's best to get it done right away.

IOW - come on in, the water's fine! :D

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still miss sb settingsthx, May bite the bullet and go for it, what the heck, or hay

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ouch, could be a dilemma?
I too am still running on old iOS 7, Wench,,,and I'm not going to risk it for the simple reason it works fine and also most bugs or hiccups are panned out on iOS 7. I expect there will be some issues on some fixes for this version as is with all start ups . This also is true in my line of work after shutdowns ,,,start ups have problems .

Last edited:

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oh hi Marilyn , how are you , I just wanted to comment on your answer to Wench .... You are a wise , wise ,
Person ....! I love it ... It's not that it is
Right , or wrong answer, or even one of based on morals or even the truth of, but what I like about it is it's deliberate,
Blunt , and quick to the point ! Hu huhuhaha. Touché . On a more serious note , can it get any easier than TaiG man ! You know I just completed using your post and info for my I phone 6 went off without a hitch
Thank you ,,..... That is a very good post

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I've jailbroken my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air with TaiG and I've had zero issues. It really was an easy process. As I said, this was the fastest and easiest jailbreak I've ever done.

I know people are "hating" on iOS 8.x - but I've not had anything but good results from it.

So, given that iOS 8.1.2 is out (which is NOT jailbreakable at this time), if you are going to go to iOS 8.1.1 and jailbreak - it's best to get it done right away.

Marilyn
Ain't that deep either ,,now is it

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My apologies yall , the last two posts
Of mine are probably confusing and contradictory but to edit here would be easier . I should have said I'm still running IOS 7 on my I pad and i did
Successfully broke. I phone 6 using TaiG. I confuse me all the time ,,,
Hell let alone everyone Else ...And it is important for me to clarify on such a small issue as is here

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Marilyn
I like this TaiG tool isn't it great do you remember what the old method of jail breaking consisted of .... Follow Marilyn's instructions and you want have any problems . No problems here working fine... Oh .... and ....Marilyn
Haters are always gonna hate !

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New question then, can I upgrade to 8.1.1, and not 8,1.2?

As of today, iOS 8.1.1 is still being signed by Apple, so you could upgrade to it.

However, TaiG has just released an update to their jailbreak tool and it now can jailbreak iOS 8.1.2.

I'd recommend iOS 8.1.2 because it's the latest and greatest iOS on the street.

And, I too miss SBSettings. However, there are a LOT of tweaks that utilize the Control Center quite well. I have CCSettings and QuickActivator. Together, these two tweaks make it so that I have not thought of or missed SBSettings since my upgrade. May be worth researching?

Marilyn

Edited to add: And, A. Goodwin - glad to see you had no issues with the iPhone and jailbreaking it. Now - come on, join the darkside and jailbreak that iPad. ;)

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As of today, iOS 8.1.1 is still being signed by Apple, so you could upgrade to it.

However, TaiG has just released an update to their jailbreak tool and it now can jailbreak iOS 8.1.2.

And, I too miss SBSettings. However, there are a LOT of tweaks that utilize the Control Center quite well. I have CCSettings and QuickActivator. Together, these two tweaks make it so that I have not thought of or missed SBSettings since my upgrade. May be worth researching?

Marilyn

Edited to add: And, A. Goodwin - glad to see you had no issues with the iPhone and jailbreaking it. Now - come on, join the darkside and jailbreak that iPad. ;)

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Marilyn

Hu huhuhu ...., the dark side hungh ? I'm going to on IPad also ummmm I bought this same phone you got two days ago and soon as it topped out on full charge I jerked that rascal up powered it on copied your info and it was over with before I put my pencil down,..... Huhuhaha

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I idid it, not going to say the hate word, yet every time I try to download anything from cydia description of pkg is missing. Also all apps are running very slow. Gonna hope for the best! Thx for the info. Tho upgradingto iOS 8.1.2 took forever. Jailbreak was quick. I am sure it is all my fault for messing something up! So appreciate your input!
Thx
Wench

Most reactions