What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to get app from other Itunes account into my ipad 2 ?

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My question is not strictly related to hacking but rather manipulating Itunes to do my bidding.
I like to download certain free apps which are not available in my country but which are available in the USA and other countries.
Therefore, I have opened a second USA itunes account using a workaround described on the 'net.

Now I have a downloaded app which is in another Itunes profile. The only way I can see to get that app into my Ipad 2 ( not jailbroken of course yet ! ) is to sync ALL the apps but that is going to wipe off all my existing free and paid for apps on the Ipad which were downloaded via the the other itunes ( my own country ) account.
Any ideas please ?? Do I have to wait till jailbreak is available for Ipad 2 ?
-keevill-

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no need to go to these lengths. Simply go to 'Settings', 'Store' and log out of your existing iTunes account on your iPad and then log in again using your other iTunes account. Now go to the App Store and download the desired apps directly to your iPad - no need to involve your PC. Of course, when you're logged in under this other account you won't receive any updates for the apps which you purchased under the first account; to get those you'll have to occasionally log in again using the first account.
Tim

OP
K

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no need to go to these lengths. Simply go to 'Settings', 'Store' and log out of your existing iTunes account on your iPad and then log in again using your other iTunes account. Now go to the App Store and download the desired apps directly to your iPad - no need to involve your PC. Of course, when you're logged in under this other account you won't receive any updates for the apps which you purchased under the first account; to get those you'll have to occasionally log in again using the first account.
Tim

oh what a dumbo I am ! of course that't the way to do it .
Many thx,
-keevill-

Most reactions

Latest posts