What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to find bookmarks made in PDF files

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot find a way to view bookmarks I've made in PDF files using Ibooks. In books, I figured out by going to the contents page, they are listed there but where do I find them when reading pdf ( magazine files )?
The bookmark tab turns red when I try to bookmark but I can't find where they are.
-keevill-

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd never tried to bookmark a PDF before, so I played around with it for a bit, and actually, it's pretty cool.

As you noticed, when you want to bookmark a page you tap the ribbon and it turns red. You can tap it again to remove the bookmark, and apparently you can bookmark as many pages as you like.

To see your bookmarks, tap in the center of the page to get the options, then tap on the table of contents icon (just to the right of the Library button). This shows you (big) thumbnails of all the pages. The bookmarked ones will show the red ribbon in the their top right corner. To see just the bookmarked pages tap the ribbon icon at the top right of the header.

It would quickly become cumbersome if you had a lot of bookmarks, but for anything up to a dozen it's pretty neat.

OP
K

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd never tried to bookmark a PDF before, so I played around with it for a bit, and actually, it's pretty cool.

As you noticed, when you want to bookmark a page you tap the ribbon and it turns red. You can tap it again to remove the bookmark, and apparently you can bookmark as many pages as you like.

To see your bookmarks, tap in the center of the page to get the options, then tap on the table of contents icon (just to the right of the Library button). This shows you (big) thumbnails of all the pages. The bookmarked ones will show the red ribbon in the their top right corner. To see just the bookmarked pages tap the ribbon icon at the top right of the header.

It would quickly become cumbersome if you had a lot of bookmarks, but for anything up to a dozen it's pretty neat.

Perfect !
Thx,
-keevill-

Most reactions

Latest posts