What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: download pdf magazine from web

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this public site (jw.org) that has the Awake! Mag in PDF format. I down load the magazine ...all 32 pages .. Can see and read it. But how do I save it some where on my device so as to bring it up, say, in iannotate or one of my other Apps. Any help would be much appreciated

Jer (Half of the jerliz team)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if its in pdf you can just drop it into the iBook section of iTunes, it will open in the pdf panel of the iBook app.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no option on the screen that I can see to do that. Additional help needed
Thanks
Jer

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong at the site. When there I simply check the magazine I want in the PDF format. It immediately comes up on the iPad and I can scroll to a page, but am stuck there
Jer

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well if its small enough you can email it to yourself from your computer or you can drag it to the books section in itunes on your desktop.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there someone who can go to the site and tell me if this can be done or not from there so I do not waste any more time trying. I simply would like to down load any PDF magazine to the iPad and bring it up in one of my apps

Jer

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is what I did...

I downloaded the magazine from the website on my PC so now it is sitting in my Downloads folder (but it could be somewhere else on your computer). I right-clicked on the the file and selected Copy.

Then I hooked up my iPad to my computer and started iTunes.

At the top of the screen, I clicked on Edit then Paste. Now if you look under Books under the Library choices, you will see the magazine.

Now sync your iPad.

Open the iBooks app and select Libaray in the upper left corner and select PDFs and you will see your magazine!

ibooks1.jpg

Easy peasy lemon squeazy!

Last edited:
OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Scott
Appreciate your efforts. If you find someplace on the device where it might be ... Please let me know. Otherwise it's looks like it can't otherwise be done without going to the PC

jer

Norm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot do it from the Ipad, it a PITA. The only way is to download/save on a PC and e-mail it to yourself or drop it into Itunes and sink.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this public site (jw.org) that has the Awake! Mag in PDF format. I down load the magazine ...all 32 pages .. Can see and read it. But how do I save it some where on my device so as to bring it up, say, in iannotate or one of my other Apps. Any help would be much appreciated

Jer (Half of the jerliz team)

Easy! Use Goodreader.
Go to "Browse the Web" or "Enter Url" and it opens your page, simply download. You can save it anywhere you wish on the iPad, I prefer iBooks but that's my taste.

(waiting for Kindle supporters to voice their objections):p

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Making note to self: Send one gold star to iVan for his great suggestion!

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan
You are the most! Lot's of time wasted on this one before you came along. Scott, hold back one of my gold stars and give it to Ivan. Need to make a note of how we did this too.

Thanks again all, especially iVan & Scott

Jer (the lesser half of the jerliz team)

Ps: Liz presently in hospital with some serious life threatening problems. This has helped make the day a little more bearable

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about GoodReader! I recently received a $15 iTunes GC as a tip from a customer after doing some custom work on his S2000 headlights. Just ticked the first $1.99 off that GC redemption :cool:

Most reactions