What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to dowload more than 20mb

ReshadGP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys
When i want to download an app which is more than 20mb, my ipad doesn't allow and says u must connect to a wireless network to download more than 20mb !
Is there any setting that i could change and download more than this amount?
Tanx

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys
When i want to download an app which is more than 20mb, my ipad doesn't allow and says u must connect to a wireless network to download more than 20mb !
Tanx

This is an Apple imposed limit. If you want to download an app, music or movie that's larger than 20 MB then you need to switch from 3G to WiFi. There is no way around this on a non-jail break iPad. It annoys people like me who have a poor broadband connection because I live in a rural area but there's a 3G cell tower on top of the hill within sight of my house and I have an unlimited data plan.

But, if it's over 20 MB you need to switch to WiFi.

Tim

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak and get 3G unrestricter . If you have an iPad 2 u gotta wait for a jailbreak

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak and download my3g from Cydia, tricking the app or apps into thinking its on wifi when it's not.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
ReshadGP said:
Hello guys
Tanx

wish they had setup the ipad to show a warning, and to ask whether you still want to proceed or not

maybe we should setup a petition Tim

OP
ReshadGP

ReshadGP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankx a lot for your useful responses, so i must wait till the jailbreak

Pvs316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also think an alternative to the problem is to get a wireless router (modem). That way you connect via Wi-Fi but still use 3g, i.e. your iPad connects to the router via wifi and the router connects to the net via 3G.

Most reactions

Latest posts