What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable the annoying spell suggestions

riteshmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Any idea how to disable the spell check suggestions? It's annoying when you are typing in your native languages.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ritesh

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To turn auto correct off:
1. Navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard
2. Touch Auto-Correction -> OFF

jcpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
To turn auto correct off:
1. Navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard
2. Touch Auto-Correction -> OFF

But this also turns off spell check at least on my ipad2.
I just want to turn off auto-correct

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They go hand to hand. Is the same, if you don't autocorrect then your spelling don't change

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think what is desired is a user or customized dictionary. I have the same issue on certain words that are always corrected no matter how many times I dismiss the suggestion. Some words seem to take and others don't. Like 'Vulkano'. My system knows that word most of time now.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Member found a workaround when he noticed that the iPad never corrects names from the Contacts app. So he suggested - and it works just fine - that any words you don't want to have autocorrected, simply enter them as 'spoof' contact entries - these might be technical or business terms, for example. Once they've been entered as 'contacts' the iPad will no longer try to correct them.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts