What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete unwanted download in progress..

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started to download an app which after starting it I realized is more than 1.8G and my WiFi connection is poor to say the least. I just paused it. Then I did the home button/power button turn off/on but it did not work. I did the back up through iTunes which took ages but the paused app is still there! Is there any other way to get rid of the paused app? I cannot download it and then delete due to poor wifi.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try rebooting your iPad by holding down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo in the middle of the screen. After a few seconds, you will see a red arrow that says "slide to power off", but keep holding the buttons down until you see the Apple. Let go of the buttons and let your iPad restart and the app should be gone!

ipad29.jpg

OP
iPadPil

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I did as per your suggestion (until Apple logo shows then release both buttons and let it restart) but the app is not gone and still shows Paused.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to connect to iTunes and go to the STORE tab and tell it to "Check for Available Updates". It will then download the app for you and then you can sync it to the iPad. I had this happen a couple of days ago, with the Navicon update.

esther yu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
um what do you do when a game app is waiting and you want to delete it but evey time i urn it on and off i still have it please please help me

Most reactions

Latest posts