What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete an app forever

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There have been times that I downloaded an app and tried it and did not like it, so I deleted it.

Why does iTunes continue to try to download these apps to my PC? When it starts downloading I have to delete each one - every time! This is getting tiresome.

Delete means Delete - or does it?

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been times that I downloaded an app and tried it and did not like it, so I deleted it.

Why does iTunes continue to try to download these apps to my PC? When it starts downloading I have to delete each one - every time! This is getting tiresome.

Delete means Delete - or does it?

You need to go into iTunes, then the app section , find the app and delete, it asks a question and that's it, if you ever want the app back the AppStore remembers and you can re download again if you wish.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked the memory usage on my iPad, and somehow the value doesn't change when I deleted an app. Do I need to sync my iPad to refresh its memory?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
I checked the memory usage on my iPad, and somehow the value doesn't change when I deleted an app. Do I need to sync my iPad to refresh its memory?

If its a small app, it may be negligible. Otherwise try a restart (shut down and start back up). I'm not sure if syncing would be necessary.

Most reactions

Latest posts