What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Adjust Trackpad Sensitivity

Sap44

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, all. I’m new to this forum. I’m trying to adjust trackpad sensitivity. When I tap on the center of the pad nothing happens, although sometimes several hard taps sometimes works. The left an right buttons on the trackpad appear to work ok. I’ve tried looking in settings for trackpad adjustments but haven’t found an answer. Any assistance is appreciated. My Bluetooth keyboard works ok otherwise.
Thank you, Ed

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, all. I’m new to this forum. I’m trying to adjust trackpad sensitivity. When I tap on the center of the pad nothing happens, although sometimes several hard taps sometimes works. The left an right buttons on the trackpad appear to work ok. I’ve tried looking in settings for trackpad adjustments but haven’t found an answer. Any assistance is appreciated. My Bluetooth keyboard works ok otherwise.
Thank you, Ed

Hi again Ed - since I responded to your other question concerning 'key labels', I'm curious from your question above if the trackpad is part of the keyboard that you had questions about? If so, would really be nice to know who made the device and also model number; if you can search the KB for identifiers and/or take a picture and post, then that may be of tremendous help. Dave :)

OP
Sap44

Sap44

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi again Ed - since I responded to your other question concerning 'key labels', I'm curious from your question above if the trackpad is part of the keyboard that you had questions about? If so, would really be nice to know who made the device and also model number; if you can search the KB for identifiers and/or take a picture and post, then that may be of tremendous help. Dave :)
Thanks for the reply, Dave. Unfortunately, I have no way to identify the Bluetooth KB. No manufacturer is printed on it. Anyhow, I think it might be working a little better now. I’ll wait and see if it remains the same. Otherwise, the KB works pretty well. There’s something else I noticed, which seems odd. The KB doesn’t work in gmail, whereas the iPad on screen KB is ok. Ed

OP
Sap44

Sap44

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had mentioned in my previous post that my KB wasn’t working in gmail. I noticed today that I could type but the space bar and arrow keys wont work, only when using Safari browser in gmail. Everything works ok in Brave browser. Kinda odd, don’t you think?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had mentioned in my previous post that my KB wasn’t working in gmail. I noticed today that I could type but the space bar and arrow keys wont work, only when using Safari browser in gmail. Everything works ok in Brave browser. Kinda odd, don’t you think?

Well, your KB and trackpad are behaving erratically and you've been unable to provide a brand/model which would likely help us address your issues; a posted pic would also help. But in the meantime, a few more questions: 1) Is the KB a new one or used; 2) Has the KB been damaged, e.g. dropped, liquid spills, and/or other; and 3) Is the trackpad discussed in another thread of yours integrated into the KB or separate. Thanks for any help. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do not have a trackpad for my iPad, but if there are any generic controls for it they would most likely be under Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch > Devices.

You keyboard/touchpad will need to be connected (via bluetooth) before you see it shown here.

From your description of your keyboard, it appears to be fairy generic. It's hard to say at what level the keyboard and trackpad are supported. And yes, even if it says it's for an iPad, that doesn't mean much. Almost all bluetooth keyboards work with iPads (at least for the basics), and a lot of manufacturers use that to imply their keyboard is made specifically for iOS and the iPad.

A possible clue to what manufacturer made your keyboard may show up in Settings > Bluetooth. The manufacturers sometimes includes the model name or number there, either in the devices name, or in the info (i) icon.

OP
Sap44

Sap44

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The KB is actually new. I haven’t been using it until lately. And no, nothing was spilled on it. I conclude there are faults within the KB itself even though it’s useable. There’s a good chance I’ll replace it in the future, but I can use it ok for now, even with its issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts