What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add pdf to iBooks for another iPad using iTunes from a computer?

yourboss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

my company bought 2 iPads lately and converted some powerpoints slides into pdf. We then uploaded the pdfs into iBook.

Along came someone with his personal iPad and requested for the pdfs to be added to his iBook.

Our company policy is no wireless connection. The iPad also does not have 3G connection. The only Internet connection I have is the notebook which I use to sychronise the iPads.

Is there anyway I can copy across the pdfs without erasing his existing content, which is synchronised with his own iTunes library?

Best regards.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certainly

Copy all the PDFs you want to give him to a flash drive or DVD. Then all he has to do is import them into his copy of iTunes using the computer that iPad is synced to.

Personally I would import the PDF into Goodreader, store them in a company folder created in GoodReader, then export a copy using the GoodReader file management option to iBooks.

GoodReader, iAnnotate, and Readdle PDF are better PDF reader/managers then iBooks.

OP
Y

yourboss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Forgot to add that my company has very strict policy on copying contents to flash drive. The contents has to be vetted by Legal and approved by Management before they can be brought out of the company.

I will look into the GoodReader suggestion.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
X2 on GoodReader, but mostly because it supports GoodReaderUSB (see my sig)
Otherwise iBooks is a good (and free) experience.

Most reactions