What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How sad vimeo.com not for iPad

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dream is that all the competition form other Tablet, will force Apple to allow flash on the iPAD. That way we would enjoy the best site for quality videos such as "http://vimeo.com".
Take a look at that video on your PC , and see what we loose:
[ame=http://vimeo.com/21294655]The Aurora on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or skip the PC and watch it on your iPad:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f2nmk11Il0[/ame]

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is not because of the iPad. It is because of youtube. They must be updating the video since it was fine yesterday. There are others on youtube too of that video... here is another:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7FXfjHaaY[/ame]

My point was that it's not a unique video to vimeo. If I was trying to show how important it was to be able to see vimeo on the iPad I would have wanted to show something vimeo-exclusive. :)

Michael

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPod Touch 4g there is an option to send my movies/videos to Youtube as wells as Vimeo.

It doesn't matter which I send to I can watch it on my iPad.

What is my point?

Well, pretty soon people will send videos to these places from all sorts of devices and as HTML 5 becames the new standard, this Falsh debate will die its long awaited death.

I have Abobe Premiere Elements and there is an option to save the output in H264 format. So what's the big deal? Just save it in a format that everyone can view it in.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My dream is that adobe flash suddenly disappears and we can forget all about it.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol. I just clicked on the vimeo.com link and watch the whole video. Are you guys retarded? I watched it on my iPad btw.

Sure you did... oh wait it was an embedded video with no "link" to click. And I just filmed the next blockbuster on my iPad 2.

removed personal attack col.bris

Michael

fairythere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:
Sure you did... oh wait it was an embedded video with no "link" to click. And I just filmed the next blockbuster on my iPad 2.

Michael

I just played it on my iPad 1 from within the IPF iPad app, it worked just fine. Beautiful film BTW.

I don't have any special software installed for videos other than what came with the iPad.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I missing something? I just clicked at the top of the video where it says "the aurora on vimeo" and it took me to the website and played the video.

I haven't done any jail breaks or downloaded any special apps (nor am I 12 or retarded :rolleyes:) so I think you can watch videos from vimeo just fine on the iPad.

It is a nice video by the way.

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must be missing something cause I just watched the video on my iPad and it worked fine. Beautiful video by the way!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I watched it also. I look at Vimeo all the time on my Ipad, have for a good long while. They brought their video into line to view on the Ipad maybe last summer. Its been awhile. Beautiful video.

Dianr

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is everyone viewing this thread via IPF app assuming it is the same in Safari? It's not. A simple hop over to Safari would have shown that. I don't know why Peled chose to start this thread but this is what the first page looks like in Safari...

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    215.1 KB · Views: 583

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not using IPF (don't even know what that is). Click on the title like I said in my previous post and it takes you to the website and plays the video.

Most reactions

Latest posts