What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many pay for 3G /4G SERVICE?

Craigatcsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 3G Model iPad.

I choose NOT to pay for the Monthly Service.

If I am out in the country it wouldn't work anyway - Right?

If I am in the city, there are enough Free access locations that I don't need the service.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I pay 35 dollars a month for 5 GB of data via 3G... It's great. I have access to the web pretty well everywhere I go, including driving down the highway in my vehicle. That's EXACTLY what I got the iPad for... Having the web on demand wherever I normally go.. No need to sniff around for free WiFi spots.

Just today, I was driving around in my car and streaming live audio off the net to my car stereo using the TuneIn radio app.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have access to the web pretty well everywhere I go, including driving down the highway in my vehicle. That's EXACTLY what I got the iPad for... Having the web on demand wherever I normally go.. No need to sniff around for free WiFi spots.

+1

I got the ATT Unlimited and have paid every month for it. I love the anywhere/anytime access. I use it for streaming audio and MotionX GPS all the time.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the wifi version. When there is no wifi available I connect to the 3G network from my Droid rooted phone.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 3G Model iPad.

I choose NOT to pay for the Monthly Service.

If I am out in the country it wouldn't work anyway - Right?

If I am in the city, there are enough Free access locations that I don't need the service.

1) You don't have to pay for the monthly service every month, which is one of the benefits of the iPad. If you're spending an extended period away from free wi-fi, you can pay $15 and no worry about it, then drop the service when you get back.

2) It can work out of the country. Some countries let you sign up for other services, some you buy a sim card to use the service and pre-pay an amount.

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 3G capability in case I find I need it...so far no need, and looking for a way out of my iPhone..because when I seem to need 3G, it's not available or so weak it's unusable! Cannot wait to get back to verizon for phone!

Jvthegreat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay $15 to AT&T per month. When I travel I turn it on. When I am home I use wifi and I turn AT&T off. That works well very well.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havnt used it this month. But I do pay monthly. I too like the instant access.

Sniffing for free wifi is more of a pain than anything. If Internet or power goes out, I still have Internet.

I don't need to drain my phones battery by tethering. No need to carry another stupid mifi device.

iPad is an Internet machine. So why limit it??

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do pay for the 3G service. When I need connectivity in the field...I really need it.

It works well where I normally live, work and travel. However, it is annoying how much of the country has no 3G ATT service. It works where I usually am, but I miss it during maybe two weeks out of 52 that I am somewhere with no service.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to pay $25/mo for 3G service. Now I pay the same $25/mo for 4G service, for my iPad, my iPhone, and my iPod touch(when it's not hibernating in my drawer).

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 32 iPad and a iPhone, just receive a wifi from verizon with 5 gb for Xmas

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a prepaid 3G plan which gives me about 250 mb usage for approx USD 5 over one month period. if i run out, i can topup anytime from the service provider's website or from the sms topup service from my mobile phone.

It is quite handy as free hotspots are difficult to find in our part of the world.

Most reactions

Latest posts