What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many are jumping ship? I am Weary of the hunt for ipad2 going to Xoom Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkAugie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just too old and cranky to keep waiting in line at the Apple Stores.
This is ridiculous.... If my local Staples has a WiFi Xoom in stock Sunday... I am jumping ship and giving up on the ipad2.

I ordered my ipad2 a few weeks ago online. My delivery date is April 23rd. A friend just ordered one yesterday... his Delivery date is also April 23rd.... hmmmm...
I also put a hundred bucks down at Best Buy a few weeks ago... no word.

Over the last few weeks I have also sat in line at Apple stores 2 hours before opening on the off chance that they might have a few available.... no luck.

I'm too old for this nonsense... Apple really should fulfill backorders before releasing to new areas. [As in yesterdays release to other countries. From what I hear, now they have even more inventory problems. ]

The only reason I have considered ipad2 over Xoom anyway was for GarageBand and a nicer user experience. [GUI]

Just wondering if any other Forum users are considering jumping ship too.

BTW - I live in Oregon.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got my IPad 2 from Best buy I heard the manager telling people to put money down to hold one but she also said the customer would have to call back or come in to see if any are in stock. They won't call you. So maybe try calling or visiting the Best Buy you put money down at.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. I just want the best user experience.

Sorry that you're not having a good pre-purchase experience. I understand that that is part of the overall user experience, but I'm willing to wait on the UPS truck for mine.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry your having problems getting your hands on one, it's hit and miss if people are able to score one. A guy I work with went to the apple store in our local mall Tuesday at 10 am and managed to get one, took him about an hour in total. I waited in line on launch day at my local bestbuy, got there at 4 pm and walked out with it at 6pm so it wasn't too bad. Before jumping ship, if you haven't already done so, I would do some searches on comparisons between the xoom and the iPad 2 to make sure that it's what you want. Each device has it's good points and bad so you just need to find the one that best suits you. I like the ipad, even with it's limitations, but I think the best thing it has going for it (along with all the other i-devices) is the app store. There are a lot more apps available than the droid app store and even though it bugs the heck out of me how strict apple is with allowing apps into the app store you don't have to worry about maleware which seems to be a problem with the droid apps now and then. Either way, good luck and I hope you get a device that your happy with.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad2 is well worth the wait.
Just order it online and forget about it.
Then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it arrives.

Don't buy the xoom as better android tablets will soon be on the Market and you'll only be kicking yourself.....

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got a ipad 2 the only one that i would have look it is a samsung tablet the 10.1 is thiner and lighter the then i pad 2 but its not out yet but seen it on cnet looks good

Last edited:

redapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MarkAugie said:
I am just too old and cranky to keep waiting in line at the Apple Stores.
This is ridiculous.... If my local Staples has a WiFi Xoom in stock Sunday... I am jumping ship and giving up on the ipad2.

I ordered my ipad2 a few weeks ago online. My delivery date is April 23rd. A friend just ordered one yesterday... his Delivery date is also April 23rd.... hmmmm...
I also put a hundred bucks down at Best Buy a few weeks ago... no word.

Over the last few weeks I have also sat in line at Apple stores 2 hours before opening on the off chance that they might have a few available.... no luck.

I'm too old for this nonsense... Apple really should fulfill backorders before releasing to new areas. [As in yesterdays release to other countries. From what I hear, now they have even more inventory problems. ]

The only reason I have considered ipad2 over Xoom anyway was for GarageBand and a nicer user experience. [GUI]

Just wondering if any other Forum users are considering jumping ship too.

BTW - I live in Oregon.

I am an avid android user and I will tell you right now that tablet (xoom) doesn't hold a candle to the iPad 2. Aim very happy with my 2 and I have no regrets taking the xoom back.

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
don't cut off your nose to spit your face, but if you wanna jump ship, then you'll be the loser not Apple. The ipad 2 is the best tablet on the Market, the Xoom is still trying to catch up the the ipad 1 as all tablets are.

Do you think there's long lines on opening day because the ipad 2 is...ok, do you think there's long lines still... after two weeks of release even with limited stock...people in lines of 100-200 just hoping they'll get one because its NOT the best.

I have the ipad 2, it does it, and it does with ease. Whenever a device hits the market there's always fault with something, its too expensive, its too big, its to small, doesn't have this, or doesn't have that.

If you don't have a iPad, then you have something less.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ you went through all that time, money and frustration, to ultimately, bail in the end?

For the Xoom? Last weekend I met a few people who had bought the Xoom, one of them for reasons such as your own, he had to have something, within a week three of them returned it.

Never settle ~ you might not have that great user experience you are looking for.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stood in line 14 hours. The guy beside me was retired and he did it no problem. No apple store will have them when you walk in in the morning. You have to wait for the shipment of the day. I Love it!

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So ~ you went through all that time, money and frustration, to ultimately, bail in the end?

For the Xoom? Last weekend I met a few people who had bought the Xoom, one of them for reasons such as your own, he had to have something, within a week three of them returned it.

Never settle ~ you might not have that great user experience you are looking for.

I know this is off the subject but can you point me in the right direction for the instructions on how to add/change my profile photo. It's set to default because I haven't figured out how to change it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF. Torria

CJL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both the iPad and xoom, I think they're both great. I keep seeing in this forum how terrible the xoom is, but I find the user experience excellent.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's your call, but it does seem rather silly to not buy a product you obviously want just because you have to wait a bit to get it. There are many things in life that are well worth waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts