What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long do you have to purchase the APPLE CARE PROTECTION PLAN....???

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long do I have to purchase the Apple Care Protection Plan??? Everyone at Target gives me different information(Apple store is far from where I live int as I got my ipad2 about three weeks ago and everyone seems to give me different information.:thumbsdown:
One person told me 45 days and another tells me a little under a year??? :( Making me a little insane....so does anyone know the correct deadline date and also is it worth the extended coverage? I usually do get th extended coverage for anything over 100. Thanks

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have up to one year after purchase of your iPad (assuming you purchase it new.) The precise language is that the iPad has to be under the one year warranty coverage to purchase the extended coverage. Check the fine print on the url below.

Apple - Support - AppleCare - iPad

As for whether it's "worth it," that's simply a matter of risk assessment. Apple would not provide the option (at least not at the price) if they couldn't make money on it. That's true of all extended warranties. So if you're an "average" customer the answer is that it's technically not "worth it." Furthermore, electronic products tend to be subject to "infant mortality" problems rather than "old age" problems. In other words, if your iPad is going to fail, it's likely to fail shortly after you purchase it, not two years later. And since the AppleCare extended warranty doesn't cover things like "cosmetic damage," batteries (unless the battery is faulty from day one), and dropping the iPad from a third story window, you may find you're paying for something you're very unlikely to need.

There are, by the way, other options available that provide more comprehensive protection at less money. You might want to check out "Square Trade," for example, where coverage extends to accidents. They're a reputable firm with a good reputation.

Last edited:

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is AppleCare worth it? Every one I know that has owned an apple battery powered device , ( mainly iPhones ) has found that their battery started to die after about 18. Months. So how much do apple charge to replace a battery in an iPad. Probably more than they charge for AppleCare. I would buy it after one year though as its better to have the money in your account rather than apples for the first year, as AppleCare only adds one year, unless your the sort that drops things as the standard warranty does not cover cracked screens.

Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts