What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I Added a GPS to iPad

kapitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not know where I should post this up, admin, please feel free to shift this to the correct folder....

I have a wifi iPad, so A-GPS is not available and I really want to use the iPad as a GPS enablbed navigator, both car and marine... so what should do,... found the answers surfing the net.....

First thing is to buy a GPS reciver, got myself a HOLUX M-1000C M1000C Bluetooth GPS Receiver, Data Logger off eBay....

The package was delivered to me 7 days after the order....
7f383317.jpg

bb40a1c7.jpg

The device itself is matchbox size, very handy....

From Cydia, downloaded a trial version of BTstack and connected the the device with the iPad by bluetooth... wanted to purchase BTstack, but read somewhere that there is another App which does the same... so downloaded that too, roqyBT4.... finally paid for roqyBT4 as found that BTsrack would always need an internet connection to verify license and that once connected via BTstack all other bluetooth device will be rendered useless.....

Here is how the App looks like connected to the GPS receiver....
d57eb0dd.png

OP
K

kapitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once connected, only need to fire up a CarNav App and run it, I do have Papago installed and here it is how its working while driving....
ecf5a6ff.jpg

e71be848.jpg

Works like a charm... I am now only waiting to go out to sea and run the GPS with marine maps.....

The Holux is also a data logger, in that everytime it is only and logged in, the positons are constantly logged and saved into the internal memory... I could then plug it into a PC and check where the device had travelled...

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any way to connect the iPhones gps to the iPad for sexy dashboard viewing ?

Most reactions