What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does the new wireless sync work?

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the new IOS 5 update, I'm hooked to wifi, power cord plugged into ipad 2..... but the Sync now ( to sync to iTunes) button wont highlight so I cant sync. Am I missing something? Thanks. Annette

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To enable wireless syncing to work, you do need to plug it into your computer one more time. Then on the left hand side, find your iPad under devices, right click, and there should be some sort of sync option. Click it, unplug USB cable (don't eject) and close iTunes. Should work!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
To enable wireless syncing to work, you do need to plug it into your computer one more time. Then on the left hand side, find your iPad under devices, right click, and there should be some sort of sync option. Click it, unplug USB cable (don't eject) and close iTunes. Should work!

Thank you!!! I will give that a try! Annette

Mfnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having this same problem with my iPad1 but can't find any kind of wireless sync option under the summary page at all. Weird thing is that I can't find it for my iPhone4 either but that is wirelessly synching with no problems. Any other ideas at all?

Cheers

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm scared it's going to try to sync everything in my iTunes - 80GB of music, for example. Hopefully it doesn't. I only want it to sync my photos and several of my eBooks in my collection (that I didn't purchase on iBooks itself).

Mfnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take it you need OS snow leopard or higher then for this? Seems that's why it dosnt work for me.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, if you've got a Mac you need the latest update to OSX, the latest iTunes, and iOS5.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score

According to my iPad, if you close iTunes you will be canceling the synchronization. As long as iTunes is running the iPad will sync via wifi.

Anybody get the iPad to sync with iTunes shut down?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm scared it's going to try to sync everything in my iTunes - 80GB of music, for example.

I'd like to think that apple would be clever enough to build something into sync to realise that 80 into 64,32 or 16 won't go.

Most reactions

Latest posts