What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does backup work

bimfi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a novice in the realm of the apple/i-pad community, I have a question about the i-pad and backing it up. I got my i-Pad 2 in November 2011. I recently jail-broke it about a week or so ago. Before I had it jail-broken, I did (hopefully) a backup of the i-pad just in case I needed to restore it for warranty work. Now it is "modded" to how I want it to be. So, I just synced it to iTunes on my PC, it did a backup automatically. My question is this: did this automatic backup overwrite the initial backup prior to the jailbreak, or does it make backups based on dates (sort of how System Restore works on Windows OS). Just wondering. Thanks, in advance, for any info.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTunes keeps one backup for your iPad - the most recent one. So, the one you jut made overwrote the one you made before the jailbreak.

The only way to save any backup older than the last is to go to the location on your computer and copy it to another location.

But, the backup is only for iTunes stuff anyway, so there's no harm in having your current backup that matches your present (preferred) set-up.

Marilyn

Most reactions