What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you put bookshelf or newsstand in a folder?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been following these steps from YouTube for over an hour
Just to move that silly newsstand app in a folder to save some room. I just can't get it to work!
Now I'm wondering if I'm part of some kind of apple reality show.
Does this work?

Last edited by a moderator:

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score

wholesalestunna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just move them onto the last screen that I don't use by themselves and I forget they're there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS has been updated a couple of times since that trick was posted. It may no longer be possible. It was never a good idea anyway. It takes advantage of a bug, a bug that when squashed could easily leave you with no option but to restore your iPad.

Jyc23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on the way it behaves, it seems that the Newsstand is really a kind of folder. Since you can't put folders in folders, it makes sense (given that it's a folder) that you can't put it in a folder. Now, whether it makes sense generally-speaking, I'm not so sure. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts