What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you freeze rows or columns in Numbers?

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have followed the instructions properly, I believe, but cannot get columns or rows to freeze. I looked at the online instructions through the link provided in the app but don't see anything about freezing. Anyone know how to do it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can only freeze headers and footers.

Select the table by tapping somewhere on it. Then open the info icon and choose Headers. There you can select how many rows you want for each type of header and freeze them.

The freezing is a bit weird. When you scroll the page the entire table moves, including the headers, until you reach the edge of the screen. Then the header rows will stick there until the entire table is off screen.

OP
D

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can only freeze headers and footers.

Select the table by tapping somewhere on it. Then open the info icon and choose Headers. There you can select how many rows you want for each type of header and freeze them.

The freezing is a bit weird. When you scroll the page the entire table moves, including the headers, until you reach the edge of the screen. Then the header rows will stick there until the entire table is off screen.

Thank you for explaining-it doesn't seem very intuitive. I figured out that you have to set the header to at least "1" in addition to setting freezing to "on". I didnt realize that this is what you were talking about in your response.

Most reactions

Latest posts