What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i remove banner ads in safari-HELP!

moooboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right below the addy bar in safari i have banner ads " suggested sites, stay secure online, toshiba app place, wild tangent games and web slice gallery" how do imremove them?
thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There really is no way to remove ads from within Safari (not unless you jail break your iPad and install AdBlocker). There are some browser apps that purport to allow you to browse with less/no ads (I think Atomic Web Browser and iCab Mobile are two). But, nothing for stock Safari. Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right below the addy bar in safari i have banner ads " suggested sites, stay secure online, toshiba app place, wild tangent games and web slice gallery" how do imremove them?
thanks

Sounds like you're syncing your bookmarks with Internet Explorer, correct? You either need to turn that off or remove those items from the bookmarks toolbar or whatever it is they're calling it in IE these days.

ncmudbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I'm having the same issue. A banner recently showed up under the tabs in Safari. It looks like this: on the left, there is an 'x' that looks like the "exit" 'x' but it doesn't work. To the right of that, there is the icon for an ap. When I had the ap, there was a button to launch the ap. Thinking it would help, I deleted the ap. The banner didn't go away but now there is a button to "view" the ap in the ap store.

The (same) banner goes on every page in Safari. I get it with every new page (tab). This started after I updated to iOS7 in case that matters.

Basically, the two things I tried was to tap or press the 'x', and deleting the ap.

Did I miss something (I'm a noobie)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - it's ready annoying!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I'm having the same issue. A banner recently showed up under the tabs in Safari. It looks like this: on the left, there is an 'x' that looks like the "exit" 'x' but it doesn't work. To the right of that, there is the icon for an ap. When I had the ap, there was a button to launch the ap. Thinking it would help, I deleted the ap. The banner didn't go away but now there is a button to "view" the ap in the ap store.

The (same) banner goes on every page in Safari. I get it with every new page (tab). This started after I updated to iOS7 in case that matters.

Basically, the two things I tried was to tap or press the 'x', and deleting the ap.

Did I miss something (I'm a noobie)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - it's ready annoying!

Thanks!

Sorry, it's the same as above - those are ads and you can't "escape" them in Safari. There is no provision/program for ad-blocking on the iPad as on a laptop or computer. Sorry.

All you can do is ignore them.

Marilyn

Lionhearted one

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to just delete Safari from my Iphone. It would be just annoying, but anything at the top of the page is blocked by the ad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I don't have an iPhone, but on the iPad it's possible to restrict it in Settings - General - Restrictions, and disable Safari. It's a built in app and can't be deleted. I suppose it's the same on the iPhone.

Hope that helps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I don't have an iPhone, but on the iPad it's possible to restrict it in Settings - General - Restrictions, and disable Safari. It's a built in app and can't be deleted. I suppose it's the same on the iPhone.

Hope that helps.

It's the same on the iPhone. And, you get to it the same way as on the iPad Settings [app] > General > Restrictions.

When you get there, you have to tap on "Enable Restrictions" and you will be asked to set a restriction passcode. It does not have to be the same pass code you use to secure your phone at the lockscreen. Just ... make sure you remember it!

Once you've created a pass code, you'll see a list of apps and such you can restrict. If you turn off Safar (no green showing), you'll see that it has disappeared from your regular homescreen view.

Note that Safari won't even show in a Spotlight search. It'll definitely be hidden from view.

So yeah, though you can't delete it, as J.A. pointed out, it can be hidden.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts