What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I properly restore my ipad?

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a battery gauge issue that I posted over in "Help." Basically, the gauge seems to be stuck at 100%. I have attempted turning off, resetting, resetting at settings, nothing seems to be working. The one fix I have found was to restore the ipad through itunes. I am afraid of losing all my apps and info. So, how do I do this without losing everything?

Will a simple restore work to restore to the backup I created last time I plugged into itunes?

Or, do I need to reset to factory settings through itunes and then restore through the backup?

Are there any issues I need to seriously consider before taking this drastic measure?

Thanks!!!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since there is no promise that a restore will fix the battery indicator problem anyway, maybe a call to tech support is in order. Of course, the first thing they will likely advise is a full restore but at least they can talk you through all the questions. Good luck!

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went through a restore. BOY is it a PITA if you are jailbroken.

OP
C

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to reset the device two different ways. I first attempted to reset by holding the power and home buttons at the same time. That did not appear to work, so I went into settings and reset all settings. One of those did the trick.

Although, now my battery seems to be dying quickly. Even after a full recharge. Must be my imagination.

geeknurse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jail broke my iPad and for the first few weeks it was working great. I would charge it at night and when I used it in the morning it would stay at 100% for quite some time before slowly draining with use at an expected interval. Now, all of a sudden, it seems that it is dying at a rapid pace, around 1% every 5 minutes or so. Also, when I disconnect it from the charger and throw it in my bag, I find that 6-8 hours later when I take it out to use it, the battery is at 80% without being used at all. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to reset the device two different ways. I first attempted to reset by holding the power and home buttons at the same time. That did not appear to work, so I went into settings and reset all settings. One of those did the trick.

Although, now my battery seems to be dying quickly. Even after a full recharge. Must be my imagination.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jail broke my iPad and for the first few weeks it was working great. I would charge it at night and when I used it in the morning it would stay at 100% for quite some time before slowly draining with use at an expected interval. Now, all of a sudden, it seems that it is dying at a rapid pace, around 1% every 5 minutes or so. Also, when I disconnect it from the charger and throw it in my bag, I find that 6-8 hours later when I take it out to use it, the battery is at 80% without being used at all. Anyone else having this problem?

I would guess that something is running while it is in sleep mode. You'd have to give more information on what you installed after the jailbreak. You may want to post this in the ipad hacking forum.

It is unlikely that the iPad is just going to drain the battery. Something is probably running.

Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts