What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get rid of this jailbreak?

Callum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the ipad on friday and downloaded Limera1n and Cydia which is jailbreaking it I belive. I'm not happy with the rubbish on Cydia so I want to get rid of it, but I dont know how to, anyone know?

handyjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a complete restore? Plug it into iTunes and run the restore. That should erase it and drop a fresh OS on.

OP
C

Callum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, but i have payed for one app and it says i must transfer it to itunes before i restore, how do i do that?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, but i have payed for one app and it says i must transfer it to itunes before i restore, how do i do that?

Connect your Ipad and run Itunes. Right click on your Ipad and select "Transfer Purchases".

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the ipad on Friday and downloaded Limera1n and Cydia which is jailbreaking it I believe. I'm not happy with the rubbish on Cydia so I want to get rid of it, but I don't know how to, anyone know?

This is exactly why I don't bother with Apple jailbreaks any more. If I wanted access to a world of crap I would have gone with Android and rooted it.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is exactly why I don't bother with Apple jailbreaks any more. If I wanted access to a world of crap I would have gone with Android and rooted it.

That is a rather subjective thing though isn't it? There is a ton of crap available through Cydia, that is for sure. Then again there are some really cool apps and utilities. Much the same can be said about the official app store. For every great title there are nonsense apps to counter it. To each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

iRule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4hvyhv.jpg

:p

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I could say the same thing about any app store. Android, Apple Cydia. Like anything else you have to find the good ones.

Also there alot of repositories you can ad that has some really great stuff.

Right now Im loving snes emu for ipad with wii remote old school controller support!

Frickin awesome!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how ANYONE could call apps like SBSettings, Backgrounder, Circuitious, OpenSSH, MultiIconMover, and many more "rubbish" or "crap." Those are all free apps.

I guess if I go to the app store and pay for iToilet for iPad ("22+ ultra-realistic toilet/bathroom sound effects") I will find the "good stuff." hahahahahaah

Michael

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how ANYONE could call apps like SBSettings, Backgrounder, Circuitious, OpenSSH, MultiIconMover, and many more "rubbish" or "crap." Those are all free apps.

I guess if I go to the app store and pay for iToilet for iPad ("22+ ultra-realistic toilet/bathroom sound effects") I will find the "good stuff." hahahahahaah

Michael

That pretty much sums it up 100% for me as well.

I wonder why anyone would feel the need to go through the trouble to actually remove the jailbreak once it is on the device? If you don't like Cydia or the apps available, just don't use it. It takes up very little space and doing a full restore is a huge PITA.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't it possible to do a "Erase all contents and settings" reset from the settings to simply remove the jailbreak? I mean I am interested to remove mine too but cant afford to restore the full firmware due to shaky and super slow Internet else it would take days to actually complete the restore.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts