What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How come the iPad play youtube perfectly, while it doesn't support adobe flash?

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is easy...
Because Youtube is not rendered in Flash.

For example...
I could design a keyboard that did not have an 'I' key...
But you could still use it to type 'team'.
(even though it doesn't support 'i'.)

Last edited:
OP
J

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is easy...

For example...

Really? Sometime I see message on you tube when opening a video saying "you need to download flash/update it to see this video" something like this.

Btw call me a newbie but I didn't understand the example, what does 'I' have to do with 'team'? I is not included there. Other than that thanks for trying to help:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
That is easy...

For example...

Really? Sometime I see message on you tube when opening a video saying "you need to download flash/update it to see this video" something like this.

Btw call me a newbie but I didn't understand the example, what does 'I' have to do with 'team'? I is not included there. Other than that thanks for trying to help:)
That was the point. There is no "i" in team. You can type the word team because you don't need the "i" key. You can watch youtube videos because you don't need flash. Hope that helps!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You tube is in the process of switching to HTML5.

So if you visit the site on your PC you will get prompted for flash player if its not installed.

If you visit the site on an iphone or iPod it will be in HTML5 and the video's just work with the browser.

If you want to test HTML5 version of youtube on your PC you can visit YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Most of the major web browsers are already supporting HTML5 (internet explorer will support it in the next version)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HTML5 is just a protocol. Youtube, along with most video on the internet is already H.264, which is supported under HTML5 standards for streaming. Flash is just the shell with which it is contained. Hulu could EASILY switch to HTML5 since all their video is all H.264, they choose not too because all their advertising is Flash based and they don't have a system for showing ads with HTML5.

Vimeo switched over quickly too because it was already there...same with FunnyorDie.

Most reactions

Latest posts