What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can I keep an app playing on the iPad?

timbgray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work in a large company and our group is going to put an iPad on display - we've solved the kiosk security issue, and the unit will always be connected to power. I'd like to have it automatically page through eg: a pages application (powerpoint) up till the point someone clicks or swipes on something, but then after a few minutes of inactivity resume cyclying through the slide show, or re-play a video etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is not a multitasking machine so, I don't think it can be done. Once you move to another program, it is the only program running. Nothing can run in the background with some kind of an active timer.

Last edited:

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are specific functions that will multitask. So it may very well be possible to code a simple app-switcher that runs in the background, monitoring input.

There is an iPad Development Forum on this board. They may be able to help you and your app-writer there.

iPad Development - Apple iPad Forum

Most reactions