What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I have books sync without erasing music?

ramparts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And why on Earth should the two things be connected?

For background... I had my iPad 2 set to sync eBooks automatically, and just found (when I added a new book) today that it's no longer set to that. No problem, I can drag-and-drop to sync manually, but it's one step more than I'd like to do - it would be great to just have any new eBooks automatically transfer to my iPad. The problem is that when I check the "Sync Books" box, iTunes warns me:

"Are you sure you want to sync books? All existing songs, movies and TV shows on the iPad... will be removed."

As it turns out, this warning rings true - I went to sync my eBooks to my iPhone the other day and all my music was deleted! Leaving aside the question of why syncing books should delete my music, I'm wondering if there's any way to manually manage my music while keeping books and other things on automatic sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts