What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hours Away From Launch

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Launch of the new iPad is just hours away.

March-2nd-Invite-64x64.jpg

Thoughts and curiosities....

1) I'm guessing it will be called "iPad 2" with March 2 as launch day being no coincidence.

2) Price point. Will Apple go the low price route with iPad2 and save most of the rumored features for iPad3?

3) Will Steve Jobs actually be there?

4) I predict the story of the day will be the price. I wrote about why here.

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple will NOT lower the price. In fact IMO it will go higher than the ipad 1. The ipad sold like crazy so why lower the price. The biggest question is; is the ipad2 going to be a big improvement or a let down with marginal changes?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple will NOT lower the price. In fact IMO it will go higher than the ipad 1. The ipad sold like crazy so why lower the price. The biggest question is; is the ipad2 going to be a big improvement or a let down with marginal changes?

First they aren't even calling it the iPad 2. That tells you right there there isn't that much difference.

They are calling it something like the iPad for 2011 or something similar. Differences are hard to get a handle on. Most of what I see is still speculation. The announcement hasn't been made yet.

OP
W

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those not watching one of the live chats during the event...

Steve Jobs just announced it will be called "iPad 2"

Same exact pricing structure even with all new features

Faster processor A5, camera, thinner, lighter.

Shipping March 11th

Most reactions

Latest posts