What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotel internet

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I'm going into a hotel where the internet is wired.
It's one of those that require you to open the Internet Explorer, type in a code (given at the front desk) and then you're in.

How can I use that for my iPad... I can't just plug in my wifi router in there, since it requires typing a login info. Is there a way my laptop can become a wifi bridge for the iPad?

Thanks

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you could wire in your laptop and then create a hotspot/wifi share from there.

If you have Windows7 on your laptop there is a free app called connectify. I use it all the time to make my laptop a hotspot. Google wil lfind it for you. (It installs to your laptop)

If not then follow the instructions on XP/Vista for internet connection sharing. I think there is a post in the help section about how to do that on older laptops. If I can find it I'll come back and link it.

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
If your laptop is a Macintosh, you don't even need a special application. Everything is already in the system software. Just turn on 'internet sharing' in the Sharing system preferences.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah that's similar to the xp/Vista, no app needed just some settings... I just can't remember which settings since I have everything on 7 now.

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help
How would my XP laptop "emit" a wifi signal?
Do I have to plug some kind of wifi router in my laptop?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used my Mac Pro for this. Just as another poster stated, turn on Internet sharing. I tried the same process on a windows 7 laptop and didn't have any luck. I know it's possible with windows but not as easy as the Apple

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cap'n, for windows 7 download "connectify" it makes ICS a one step process, passwords and everything

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another special download required to work for windows, I should have known that!!!

Last edited:
OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Draper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to get your hands on one of these....I carry it around everywhere, and just plug it into whatever computer (with wired or wireless connection) may be at hand.

Welcome to Windy31 Site

Most reactions

Latest posts