What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home button problem

Wbtt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the home button not working right all the time? When I click down on the button nothing happens...even if I hold it down, nothing..then I have turn off the IPad in order to go to a different app...

maclizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have the same problem! I just bought my iPad last night and I have done the sync with iTunes including the latest update from Apple. I cannot get the home button to work properly!!!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the home button not working right all the time? When I click down on the button nothing happens...even if I hold it down, nothing..then I have turn off the IPad in order to go to a different app...

I had that problem with my first iPod Touch...I brought it back to the store and they swapped it out on the spot.

flick67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
I had that problem with my first iPod Touch...I brought it back to the store and they swapped it out on the spot.

Yep I'm also having problems with my pad home button which iv had now for near 2 years .

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find if I have a problem with my home button, I try a few things. First, I shut down everything that I've had opened by pressing the home button twice to bring up my multi task bar at the bottom. This will show you all the apps you have had running at some point. Long press one of the apps, they will start to jiggle and a minus sign in red will appear at the top left hand side. Press these minus signs, this will close the apps but dont worry it doesnt delete them. Then see if this makes a difference, I understand if you are having problems with the home button it may be difficult to bring up the multi task bar. So onto the next step which is to turn off your iPad. Long press the power button at the top right hand side, this will bring up a slide to power off, do this, the screen will go blank with a Whirly in the middle. This will take a few seconds to disappear. Turning your iPad off regularly helps everything to reset and you should do this. After the whirly has disappeared wait a few extra seconds then long press the power button for a few seconds until the apple logo appears and wait and your screen will reappear. This will solve the home button problem for some of you. If it hasn't you should do a reset. Hold the power button and the home button simultaneously, this will take a few seconds longer than normal but what will happen is the slide off feature will appear and disappear, keep holding the buttons until the apple logo reappears. This is a reset and now you should be good to go.

flick67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I find if I have a problem with my home button, I try a few things. First, I shut down everything that I've had opened by pressing the home button twice to bring up my multi task bar at the bottom. This will show you all the apps you have had running at some point. Long press one of the apps, they will start to jiggle and a minus sign in red will appear at the top left hand side. Press these minus signs, this will close the apps but dont worry it doesnt delete them. Then see if this makes a difference, I understand if you are having problems with the home button it may be difficult to bring up the multi task bar. So onto the next step which is to turn off your iPad. Long press the power button at the top right hand side, this will bring up a slide to power off, do this, the screen will go blank with a Whirly in the middle. This will take a few seconds to disappear. Turning your iPad off regularly helps everything to reset and you should do this. After the whirly has disappeared wait a few extra seconds then long press the power button for a few seconds until the apple logo appears and wait and your screen will reappear. This will solve the home button problem for some of you. If it hasn't you should do a reset. Hold the power button and the home button simultaneously, this will take a few seconds longer than normal but what will happen is the slide off feature will appear and disappear, keep holding the buttons until the apple logo reappears. This is a reset and now you should be good to go.

Thanks leelai I'm gonna try all as I'm sure your solution will help . X

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Maybe that can help you at some time. While it will be better for you to contact the apple or go the native apple store. You can get good answer there,maybe a replacement or some fix. That can be fast and effective.

Most reactions

Latest posts