What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holding off buying iPad mini for mini 2

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When is the release date - April or October (the two most likely)? Lot of people it seems have been underwhelmed by the display on the 1st gen iPad mini so I would probably wait for the 2nd.

I am hoping the battery life will be extended a bit and that it will also be touch lighter than the 1st gen model, perhaps somewhere in the region of 290g to 300g.

Last edited:

jkk4_1998

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see no problems with my display. Where would you have heard that one? Go ahead and wait, then 9 months from now, when they release the next version, you should sell your IPM 2 to get the 3!

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh. If they add a retina display, I will be amazed if it weighs less and has longer battery life.

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the first gen ipad mini and love it. The screen looks just like a retina to me I honestly don't even notice. You gotta live in the moment but if you wanna wait that's cool too. I agree though I don't think the batter life will be extended and I certainly do not think the ipad mini will get thinner. If anything the ipad mini will be thicker jus as the change from ipad two to ipad 3 displays

Jadeuu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the first gen ipad mini and love it. The screen looks just like a retina to me I honestly don't even notice. You gotta live in the moment but if you wanna wait that's cool too. I agree though I don't think the batter life will be extended and I certainly do not think the ipad mini will get thinner. If anything the ipad mini will be thicker jus as the change from ipad two to ipad 3 displays

I also have a black iPad Mini. It is amazing, I think. especically when I am reading and playing games on it when I catch bus. convenient!

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 4 and the mini, about the only area I really notice a difference between the 2 displays is small text size...other than that I find I use the mini more than the ipad 4 because it is lighter and easier to grip with one hand...also the 4 gets warm on the backside

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 4 and the mini, about the only area I really notice a difference between the 2 displays is small text size...other than that I find I use the mini more than the ipad 4 because it is lighter and easier to grip with one hand...also the 4 gets warm on the backside

Agreed

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. I believe the new iPads will be released this April. So I would wait till next month to buy a new iPad.

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is some talk it could now be October or thereabouts. I couldn't wait. Ordered the white mini off Amazon. I have 30 days to ask for a refund, so just in case ipad mini 2 arrives early April, I'll still have enough time to get a refund and buy the new one. I'll only do that if the price of new iPAd is at the same release price as iPad mini 1. To me, weight and battery life is just as important as display (because I can't imagine the dispaly being very noticeably different anyway). If mini 2 is significantly heavier, I'll stick with 1.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
agree with you very much i wont touch the mini until support retina display :ipad-movie:

intillzah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coming from an Ipad 1. The mini is a heck of a nice step that I'm more than pleased with..

OneZeoN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own the Mini and its great

Retina ofcourse would be better than not but its not missed in general use I find
Love it

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mini's display is sharp enough for me. I think it's technically HD as its 1024 by 768 ... Plus better resolution can sometimes equal sub-par battery life and add extra thickness to devices.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a mini, as soon as the mini retina is released the first mini is going in my car and ill use the retina mini for everyday use...

4u7unuva.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts