What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LohMKi 🎁

Hiw much data per GB

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a site anywhere that gives one an idea of what can be downloaded per GB in a data plan? We have extensive wifi in my area so using it is emergency for me and I will increase data amount when we travel. I got the smallest amount in Verizon this time and expect I won't be able to do much with 1GB LOL.

For those using GPS how much data coverage do you figure to use it on a trip??

Oh, gosh, just saw the misstyped title--really need to check before posting LOL.

Diane

Better late than never

1 hour of instant messaging 0.25-1MB
1 hour of web browsing 1.5-25MB
Download 100 emails 1-10MB
100 minutes talk on Skype Around 50MB
Download 1 photo 0.05-2MB
Download 1 MP3 3-8MB
Download 1 film trailer 7-50MB
1 software download 70-800MB
Download 1 film 700-1500MB
Streaming 1 hour of video 250-500MB
Streaming 1 hour of audio 50-150MB

I use the 'GPS Drive' app a lot, about 15 hours a month. (It downloads maps real time from the network). I also use the Tunein Radio app to stream live radio while I'm driving. (About 3 hours a month). I also do a fair bit of light browsing when I'm not near a WiFi spot.. I rarely exceed 500 MB a month..

If you're going to watch Netflix or download movies on 3G, then 1 Gig probably won't be enough.

Thanks. No, nothing but occasional use. We have a great deal of free wifi in my area so I got along pretty well with my Ipad one for two years with wifi only. I dled an app to keep track of my data use and find its very minimal. Thanks above for specific though--helpful.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back