What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High-pitched noise from iPad when connected to external speaker

spiralspines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone enjoying my new iPad so far. However when I connected my iPad to my external speakers today, and cranked up the headphone volume to more than 10 units, I got this strange high pitched humming noise that went away after the music had been stopped for a while. Did anyone else get this?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried plugging the iPad into any other speakers, or tried plugging any other device into the speakers, to narrow down the prob?

I've used my iPads 1 and 2 with four or five external speakers (some via cable and others via Bluetooth) and not had a prob as you describe.

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are your speakers plugged in an outlet or are they battery powered? What you describe seeems like a grounding noise coming from the speakers...

OP
S

spiralspines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just plugged in and tried my headphones. No such sound comes. Seems to come only from my outlet powered speakers. I didn't have this issue when I connected it to my laptop or my iPhone.

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its ground loop then. Try a different outlet. Ground loops may occur with one device and not with another, there is no issue with your ipad dont worry.

tbarrier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:eek:Did you every get this resolved? I had the same problem in my car with my New iPad, but no issues with my iPhone or iPod touch.

OP
S

spiralspines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No :( Still getting that whine.

Plus my speakers are a lot quieter when connected.

Most reactions

Latest posts