What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi - Looking for help to download films for ipad

David1000BE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a bit of a dinosaur, I still buy DVDs. Just bought my new iPAD so must get up to speed on downloading. Any help on the following:

I have signed up to itunes, but it's the Belgium store. I can't get an account with UK store due to credit card being Belgian!! The Belgium site does not have films.

Where can download films?
Can I get them in versions for my PC laptop and for my iPAD?
If I download, can I also use them on my home cinema also?

Total novice here, so be patient with me!

Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - I'm really surprised that the UK store does not accept Belgium credit cards!! But I guess I shouldn't be because the same problems applies if I want to get access to the US iTunes store. For this latter case, the problem has been discussed at some length on the Forum and, if I recall correctly (Forum members, please correct me if I'm wrong) there are a few ways around this problem.

(1) You have a friend in the UK (or US for that matter) who will purchase iTunes Gift Cards on your behalf and post them to you. You need a UK or US credit card to register the account, but then you can use the Gift Cards.
(2) You have a very trusting friend in the UK or US who will let you 'use' their credit card on iTunes and trusts you to reimburse them.

Although these scenarios might not seem very practical, they can work - for example I have a son who works in California and I guess he trusts me (he knows where I live, as they say).

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

David1000BE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a way, I guess.

Thanks. Not really feasible as I can't easily get someone to give me their credit card details... any other ideas anyone?

SkibumWannabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a gift card on eBay and had the guy email me the code.
Use that to create an American apple account. All you need is a valid American address.
Works like a charm.
You can buy or rent movies in HD. $4.99 to rent a movie

Good luck,
Jens

OP
D

David1000BE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, this worked. Thanks.

Hi. Thank you. This worked for the UK site as well despite it saying a credit card was required. For anyone else, you can leave the credit card blank and type in the gift card number and you will get the account set up with £15 credit (the amount on the gift card). I got someone in the UK to buy it for me.

Going to watch Star Trek in a few minutes :)

Most reactions