What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm New

Shift

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My name is David and I am a new iPad owner, I think I should've waited for the New iPad but I heard that was going to be hard and long to jailbreak, anyways I reside in Melbourne, Australia but I actually bought this iPad in Singapore Airport, I actually need yo guys to help me find out if I should get redsn0w or jailbreak me 3.0 i'm runnng 4.2.1

Thanks guys shift

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You only option right now is a tethered jailbreak. You will need a computer to reboot the iPad every time it is turned off. Unthered should be here shortly - we think. It's an easy process and well worth it in my mind. Just really depends if you I'll have access to a computer if you need to reboot your iPad. Any questions - let us know.

OP
S

Shift

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright Thanks Spink, but what if I get the tethered jailbreak and I don't connect it when i turn it off, will everything reset? and isn't redsn0w a beta?

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shift said:
Alright Thanks Spink, but what if I get the tethered jailbreak and I don't connect it when i turn it off, will everything reset? and isn't redsn0w a beta?

With tethered you can just leave your iPad on all the time - just leave it in sleep mode and charge it before it hits zero battery. You can turn it off or reboot at any time and it does not need to be connected to a computer. When you want to turn it on connect it to your computer and follow the process that you would to jailbreak it expect you hit reboot tethered and it will reboot the iPad in jailbreak mode. You will not lose anything. Redsn0w. Untethered is in beta now. Redsn0w tethered is working great - obviously sometimes people have problems with it. General it is the user doing something wrong and not the jailbreak. If you need any help let me know.

Most reactions

Latest posts