What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Sweden

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello world

Spaniard living in the south of Sweden. I have an iPad 2 WiFi 16 GB.

I installed the iPF app and I registered easily but couldn't find New Member Introductions, so I turned to Safari. Anyway, I guess I need more practice.

I hope to learn loads by using this forum.

Swecodélico

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from Mississippi!

You'll find lots of nice people here that can answer most any question you have.

I don't use the app, so I'm no help I'm afraid.

Be sure to check out the iPad manual (free), and the forum rules (also free!).

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Välkommen till forumet! Läs reglerna innan du skriver nya posts och har du några frågor så är det bara att skicka ett privat meddelande eller använd sök funktionen!
Var i Sverige bor du?

Welcome to iPad forums! Read the rules section before you post and if theres any questions just pm me or use the search function!
Where in sweden are you?

:)

Enjoy!

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I saw the subject of your post, I thought about asking something about last Sunday's Hockey World Championship game, but then I saw you said you are a Spaniard, so you might not be that much into hockey...

Welcome to the forum, nevertheless.

OP
Swecodelico

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a million, guys.

I see many members from USA. Nice one! Have never been to USA (shame on me!) but it is on my 'wonderful-countries-to-visit' list.

Välkommen till forumet! Läs reglerna innan du skriver nya posts och har du några frågor så är det bara att skicka ett privat meddelande eller använd sök funktionen!
Var i Sverige bor du?

Welcome to iPad forums! Read the rules section before you post and if theres any questions just pm me or use the search function!
Where in sweden are you?
(...)
Jag bor i Malmö. Jobbar i Lund. Max, kan du svenska?
I live in Malmo (the so-called Appicentrum). I work in Lund. Max, do you speak Swedish?

Welcome from Scotland, too.
Tim
Scotland!!! Fantástico! I spent two sunny months there in 1999. I love haggis, by the way. :)

(...) so you might not be that much into hockey...
Welcome to the forum, nevertheless.
:D Not really. Don't have "so much" ice in the south of Spain.
I'm into football (soccer) and tennis. Used to play basketball a lot when I was younger.

Robertlc, SweetPoison and Hayles66,
Once again, thanks for your welcome messages.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great to have you! It's so nice to speak to different cultures and different countries and best of all, we all love our iPads!

isBjorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hola Swecodélico
You made a mistake. I moved from the south of Sweden to Spain. That was a move from snow and ice to sun and vino tinto. Enjoy anyway!

Saludos

OP
Swecodelico

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and thanks to iManol, ANiceGuy and col.bris

Hola Swecodélico
You made a mistake. I moved from the south of Sweden to Spain. That was a move from snow and ice to sun and vino tinto. Enjoy anyway!
Saludos
:D
The thing is that I prefer the Swedish summer; it's too hot in Spain...
... and I like "Köttbullar med lingonsylt" and "kanelbullar"...
... and even though I will never get used to doing the washing in a "tvättstuga", I still have my iPad 2
;)

By the way, I am tempted to open a thread regarding local apps comparison, because I have the feeling that, when it comes to country-specific apps for iPhone and iPad, Sweden is together with USA the "best country" to live in. What do you think? You may be more familiar with Spain-specific apps for iPhone/iPad than me.

Examples
1) Swedish banks have their iPhone apps. Can't say the same for the majority of banks in Spain.
2) Skånetrafiken (the regional public transportation authority in the south of Sweden) developed a wonderful app for the iPhone. Can't say the same about its counterpart* in Málaga, one the biggest cities in Spain.
* EMT Málaga, which by the way, they have a website that looks from the 90's.
3) Apoteket (Swedish pharmacy retailer) released a free app about pollen forecast. In Spain there isn't any yet, if I'm not mistaken.
4) Malmö has a great free app with info on location of parks, museums, bicycle pumps, public toilets, etc.

... and I suppose I could find a lot more examples.

Most reactions