What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Surrey, England

Stereo flab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad was a surprise 50th birthday present from the wife and kids. I've had it a month now and use it all the time (though in truth I would probably not have bought one out of my own money!). Three things I've learned: electronic books are great, Apple is big-brother, 99% of apps are rubbish and, try as hard as I can, I can't find a website to be annoyed at the lack of flash, er, at (ok four things). Overall though, I'm well pleased with my new toy and glad to see an active, friendly forum for it. My other hobbies are photography, eclectic music and warm beer (bitter) - preferrably all at the same time!

Cheers

Tony

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. I wish I had a family like yours - I had to buy my own iPad ;-(

I agree with your perception of the Apple/iPad environment! But there are some really great apps out there too. I guess we all have our own favourites, depending upon our interests. So we'd all be interested to hear about your favourite apps and how you rate them.

While I prefer red wine to beer, I completely sympathise with your sentiments.

Have fun and continue to enjoy the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

Stereo flab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I agree there are some great apps. My recommendations would be the BBC news, TuneIn Radio, Atomic Web, Goodreader, Wikipanion, Kindle, Discovr, Drums! (for letting off steam!) and Maps.

Regards

Tony

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I agree there are some great apps. My recommendations would be the BBC news, TuneIn Radio, Atomic Web, Goodreader, Wikipanion, Kindle, Discovr, Drums! (for letting off steam!) and Maps.

Regards

Tony

I have a couple that are in your list too - that TuneIn radio app is great, so many hidden features and such a smooth interface. Can't beat that price, either.

I also have GoodReader and Kindle.

For my diary/tasks/projects I have Informant HD. It's expensive for an app, but I like a couple of features that, for me, make it a must-have. It sort of 'sits on top' of the iPad's native Calendar app, so any appointment that's in the iPad's calendar displays in Informant - which is great because a number of the iPad's apps use Calendar to display incoming appointments - for example, the iPad Mail app.

It also has an infinitely customisable (is that a word?) repeat setting for diary appointments - so repeats like second and third Wednesdays of every month or the first Wednesday of every month are no problem at all.

If you want to send to groups of email recipients, then MailShot is a great app that enables you to establish email groups and send from the iPad's native mail app. Some group sending apps need to use a separate mail client to to this.

Pity about the weather in the UK at the moment.....

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts