What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all :)

PinkPrincess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi , I'd like to just start of by saying what a lovely site you have im looking forward to having a good look around.
Just got a ipad2 for xmas i own a iphone 3gs so i know a little but new to ipad :) its amazing

dankegley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Hello, Sweet P and others...

New here as of tonight. Have many, many questions, but since I own 5 iPod Nanos(2nd and 5thGeneration) and 2 iPod Toches(4thGeneration), plus iPad 1 and iPad 2, along with a 20" 2006 2G Ram iMac, and now my pride and joy, a 2011 26" Quad 4 i7 Core 2.93MHz iMac, I hope to give as much as I get from all you fellow iPeople... (I think I'm funny...), but please don't read what I put in parentheses, OK?, since they are my own private thoughts, not meant for public viewing... You're on the honor system here... Promise? If it helps any of you, I started with a Power Mac 7500 in 1995, when AOL was the thing (You've Got Mail!... seems like soooo long ago). I have intermediate knowledge of OS 7,8,9, then OSX, then Tiger 10.4.11, Leopard, and lastly, Snow Leopard... No Lion in my near future since si so many Apple products seem to be losing their way. An example is, I've made hundreds of videos for family and friends consumption with iMoveHD 6 and iDVD. Along comes the new Quicktime X, which basically eliminated all the great features of Quicktime 7.6 Pro... Same for iMovie 11, doesn't even match up to the iMovie from 5 years earlier...please. I went with Mac all my life (except for work PC's, where I had no choice) for its graphics and movie abilitites. Oh, well, I am not here to bash Macs, kind of like my wife, I know her faults, and love her to death till do us part. Currently, I am mostly interested in documenting and archiving my three daughters 'and six grandkids' events and foibles. I also have a Canon T2i 18 Megapixel EOS. The only reason I listed these is so you would all know what my expertise is or isn't. I have found the learning curve to be much longer than the value or life of the hardware/software, and i'm an engineer no less; but at least I know what I bought each product for. My hope is to give as much back to you as I get. Thank you.

hlma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dankegley said:
Hello, Sweet P and others...

New here as of tonight. Have many, many questions, but since I own 5 iPod Nanos(2nd and 5thGeneration) and 2 iPod Toches(4thGeneration), plus iPad 1 and iPad 2, along with a 20" 2006 2G Ram iMac, and now my pride and joy, a 2011 26" Quad 4 i7 Core 2.93MHz iMac, I hope to give as much as I get from all you fellow iPeople... (I think I'm funny...), but please don't read what I put in parentheses, OK?, since they are my own private thoughts, not meant for public viewing... You're on the honor system here... Promise? If it helps any of you, I started with a Power Mac 7500 in 1995, when AOL was the thing (You've Got Mail!... seems like soooo long ago). I have intermediate knowledge of OS 7,8,9, then OSX, then Tiger 10.4.11, Leopard, and lastly, Snow Leopard... No Lion in my near future since si so many Apple products seem to be losing their way. An example is, I've made hundreds of videos for family and friends consumption with iMoveHD 6 and iDVD. Along comes the new Quicktime X, which basically eliminated all the great features of Quicktime 7.6 Pro... Same for iMovie 11, doesn't even match up to the iMovie from 5 years earlier...please. I went with Mac all my life (except for work PC's, where I had no choice) for its graphics and movie abilitites. Oh, well, I am not here to bash Macs, kind of like my wife, I know her faults, and love her to death till do us part. Currently, I am mostly interested in documenting and archiving my three daughters 'and six grandkids' events and foibles. I also have a Canon T2i 18 Megapixel EOS. The only reason I listed these is so you would all know what my expertise is or isn't. I have found the learning curve to be much longer than the value or life of the hardware/software, and i'm an engineer no less; but at least I know what I bought each product for. My hope is to give as much back to you as I get. Thank you.

Hi I don't even know how to use this app ! ........

hlma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody... I don't know how to use this app

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi to you all and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hlma said:
Hi everybody... I don't know how to use this app

Hi and welcome!

Well it looks like you worked out how to post, that's a start. To quote a post, just go to the post and press the blue arrow on the right hand side and press quote, the page will load with that quote, write your post and press send. To start a thread, first press Forum which is one of the headings along the bottom, a page will load with the different areas of the Forum, select iPad Discussions, this page will show you all the different discussion Forums there are. Select the area of which your issue belongs, when it loads press the tab top right, box with an arrow and select New Thread and off you go. To edit a post you've just created, press the blue arrow to the right of your post and it will load, make the changes or add and then hit send. That's the basics, just have a play with it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts