What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heres an overlooked reason why ipad in general has 78% of the tablet market share

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think many know but just dont mention it often. I know ive been told this by a lot of moms and parents i know including my sister who both her, her hubby and their 6yr old girl all have an ipad.

KIDS!!!! Its the perfect toy for kids to play with! Whether its games, movies, their kids shows in the car, educational needs, reading. You name it.

And thats why i guess apple went with a 10.9" LCD screen size. Cause anything smaller and it would be too smaller for most kids.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? From Day 1, Steve Jobs presented this new tablet as a "family friendly" device.

Shortly after iBooks came out, they began posting the top downloaded books but then quickly had to edit this list when they realized there were "adult" titles in the list!

Reaction score
There weren't any $600 toys when I was 6
Having a color TV was a big deal back then
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
f4780y said:
I wish I'd had £500 toys when I was a boy...

forget £500 toys, £500 in cash back in those days lasted a heck of a lot longer than now

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wytey said:
forget £500 toys, £500 in cash back in those days lasted a heck of a lot longer than now

I'm reminded of my grandfather who told us he built my current family home for £480... Twas 1948 though...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm reminded of my grandfather who told us he built my current family home for £480... Twas 1948 though...
I know.... after he built the house he put carpeting in the "loo" and the next year he put carpeting inside the house!

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The appeal to kids explains some of why tablets are doing well, but does it really explain why the iPad is dominating the tablet market?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
normanj said:
The appeal to kids explains some of why tablets are doing well, but does it really explain why the iPad is dominating the tablet market?

Because of the lack of a viable alternative?

Most reactions

Latest posts