What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here the one question for you gentlemen and ladies here on this forum

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
was buying the ipad the right thing to do for you and how you use the ipad ..so what is the one thing in the next model of the ipad would you like to see in the unit ..

my only problems with the ipad is in the following area..

1-bigger flash stowage i really wished they had bought it out in 120.gb sized drive ..for i loaded a lot of music onto the unit and it ate up space and i took a lot back off and just kept the play list i really like..for i right now with everthing that iam have on it around 26.gbs on the 64.gb hard drive ..

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Yes it was right, and too many uses to list. The next model should be free for me...

Just simply read some of the thousands of posts here on the forum of happy iPad owners and the many ways they use their ipads....

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like a USB port

Can I ask why? I keep hearing this but for the life of me don't understand why you would want let alone need a USB port. I'm not saying you don't, I just really don't understand! :)
Maybe it is because even Apple tells us that things like that are important.
From this year, on Apple.com, where we are told why it is good to 'Get a Mac', (emphasized some key words):
3. Everything-ready.
Today's Mac is powered by the latest Intel processors, so customers can run other operating systems, including Windows XP and Vista—enabling them to run more applications than any other PC.

In addition, each Mac comes with industry-standard technologies for connecting to peripherals and networks, including USB 2.0 and Bluetooth. and all Macs but the MacBook Air have built-in Ethernet, and the Mac Pro and MacBook Pro also come with FireWire.
So you can connect to whichever external device you need.
or even whichever one you want.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
File management.

I have stuff.
I have it on my hard drive.
I want it on my iPad and iPhone.

Why can't I simply drag and drop without using silly iTunes or resorting to some sort of slow Wi-Fi transfer??

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
File management.

I have stuff.

Why can't I simply drag and drop without using silly iTunes or resorting to some sort of slow Wi-Fi transfer??

That's an OS issue not a USB issue. Even with usb you stil couldnt drag and drop

You can email, sync wih itunes or use all kinds of apps for cloud computing. That makes a heck of a lot more sense then using some silly dongle that can break or be lost. And you can access it on any web enabled device with cloud computing.

For people who buy new technology some of us are stuck in the past.

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it is because even Apple tells us that things like that are important.
From this year, on Apple.com, where we are told why it is good to 'Get a Mac', (emphasized some key words):
3. Everything-ready.
Today's Mac is powered by the latest Intel processors, so customers can run other operating systems, including Windows XP and Vista—enabling them to run more applications than any other PC.

In addition, each Mac comes with industry-standard technologies for connecting to peripherals and networks, including USB 2.0 and Bluetooth. and all Macs but the MacBook Air have built-in Ethernet, and the Mac Pro and MacBook Pro also come with FireWire.
So you can connect to whichever external device you need.
or even whichever one you want.

As I said earlier, USB would ply work if the OS supports drag and drop. It doesn't so it would do no good.

I'm not drinking Jobs kool-aid. Blue tooth handles the periperhal issues and cloud computing can handle the files. Why would I want some stupid wired device on a wireless device. Other then my ipad and CF card, I don't use USB on my iMac and the iPad has a camera connect card anyway. My mouse and keyboard are Bluetooth and evening else is wireless. Why would I expect anything different on this device.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
File management.

I have stuff.

That's an OS issue not a USB issue. Even with usb you stil couldnt drag and drop

You can email, sync wih itunes or use all kinds of apps for cloud computing. That makes a heck of a lot more sense then using some silly dongle that can break or be lost. And you can access it on any web enabled device with cloud computing.

For people who buy new technology some of us are stuck in the past.

You're right. I guess the OP was asking more about hardware than OS. But still... Getting content on and off the iPad is just ridiculous.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope - mifi is a separate device with a separate battery that takes up extra space and requires additional space management.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of things on my wish list, but I have also learned patience. It will either be added by Apple, or by an app. In some cases, the answer may be something that I will not feel confident about adopting. Life is like that. And buying the iPad was one investment that I am glad I made, even tho I am rarely an early adopter.

Most reactions

Latest posts