What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Evening!

Okay, so i have an ipad2 5.0.1 so why is it so slow to watch you tube and other streamlined videos? Can this be fixed? I already reset everything. Any help is participated . Thank you, JJ

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no fix. You may want to turn off qos on your router, but other than that, you have found one of the few bugs apple has been unable to fix.

Many have reported slow speeds on wireless. Some have fixed it by turning off qos on their router. The rest of us have just had to deal with it.

Greygoose

OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, it's not my wireless so what options can I use on my iPad alone?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
JodiJ said:
Thank you, it's not my wireless so what options can I use on my iPad alone?

You should first of all check your Internet Connection Speed on a web service like speedtest.
If the result is fine - if there are too many users on the same, shared "line" while you try to watch streamed video it's getting slow for everyone - then it might also be the server's problem, too many users watching the same video at the same time or it is such a rare video which noone else has been watching for the last years...
I do have the problem regularly in the hotels I stay at in China - (no youtube, as it is banned) due to slow Internet connections - and I just pause the video until it has been buffered enough time...

Most reactions