What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help...!!!!!

mal2828

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found myself here as a result of problems with my iPad2 connecting to my WiFi
I didn't have any problems before I downloaded the latest iOS service.
I'm not very technical minded but I'm hoping that somebody out there can suggest in easy terms what I should try in order to fix this problem. It happens also with my new iPhone 4s but not as often .....

Thanks - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that you mean upgrading to iOS 5? If so, did the upgrade go smoothly? Did you upgrade w/ the cable connection attached to the computer that the iPad was registered? Did Wi-Fi work initially after the upgrade and then did you have problems? Please respond to these questions which may help others give you more specific advice - good luck!

OP
mal2828

mal2828

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you .... Yes! I connected through my laptop and upgraded from there. It seemed to be working fine up until the last few
Days when I've noticed the connection has been dropping more regularly and for longer periods of time, as we speak I have my
Ipad2 on my Lap and it's showing "not connected to wifi"
and the loading signal keeps going on and then disappearing without anything happening.....
So frustrating grrrrrrrrr!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, let's go a few further steps - first, you could enter your Network Settings and select to 'Forget the Network' and then try to reconnect - may not work?

Second, if the above does not correct the situation, then try to 'Restart' or 'Reset' the iPad (reset if the restart does not solve the issue) - Directions HERE - then try to reconnect via Wi-Fi - often these steps will correct many problems.

If the above suggestions still fail to help, then I would suggest to 'power recycle' your modem & router (or one if both are in the same box?) - just turn off the power or pull the plugs, wait a little, and then sequentially plug in the modem first and then the router - you may be back in business, hopefully?

Now if all of the above steps do not work, please post back for further advice - good luck!

OP
mal2828

mal2828

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Well, let's go a few further steps - first, you could enter your Network Settings and select to 'Forget the Network' and then try to reconnect - may not work?

Second, if the above does not correct the situation, then try to 'Restart' or 'Reset' the iPad (reset if the restart does not solve the issue) - Directions HERE - then try to reconnect via Wi-Fi - often these steps will correct many problems.

If the above suggestions still fail to help, then I would suggest to 'power recycle' your modem & router (or one if both are in the same box?) - just turn off the power or pull the plugs, wait a little, and then sequentially plug in the modem first and then the router - you may be back in business, hopefully?

Now if all of the above steps do not work, please post back for further advice - good luck!

Wow! You have been so helpful - thank you!! Going to try that out tomorrow ... need to get some zzzzz's now.

Thanks again - much appreciated :)

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

Make sure you are not to far away from the router, example - you are on the top floor and the router is in the basement.
Try Powering off and then back on your router. (warning: my router has a reset button, but it clears all the settings if you push that, and will need to contact you service provider to reset it up)
Like you said in another thread, it could be the router quality, it might not be able to handle a lot of traffic (sending and receiving of data over wifi)

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts